ACACIA Statement of Faith
We believe fully in the simple orthodoxy of the major creeds of the Christian faith–the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds, the Augustinian and Wesleyan Confessions.
In more detail this means we believe:
The Bible is God’s revelation to mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in content as originally given
- It reveals the essentials necessary for mankind to know of God and how man shall relate to Him.
- It reveals truth so that we can understand the nature of mankind and knowledge of the process by which he is brought to temporal and eternal wholeness.
- It brings provision for healing.
- It is final authority for Christian faith and daily living
II Timothy 3:15-17 I Peter 1:20, 21 Romans 15:4
God is one God eternally existent who reveals Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three distinct persons who are one in essential nature and will, perfect in love, righteous in all ways and creator of all things. God is absolutely sovereign, worthy of worship and obedience and is the standard of all truth.
II Corinthians 13:14 Hebrews 1:1-3 Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
The Father reveals God’s holiness, awesome majesty and benevolent provision.
The Son, Jesus Christ, reveals God’s identification with mankind and redemptive purpose.
- He became a man through virgin birth, lived a sinless life, did miracles and taught us what God and His kingdom are like.
- His vicarious death on the cross through His shed blood paid the penalty for not only man’s sins but sickness and disease. [Isaiah 53:4]
- The Father raised the Son from the dead to ascend and be at His right hand to intercede for us as our living Savior, Lord and guardian of all who trust in Him.
- He shall return in power and glory.
Matthew 1:20-23 I Corinthians 15:3-4 I Peter 2:22-25 Acts1:11 Thessalonians 4:16-17
The Holy Spirit proceeds both from the Father and the Son to reveal the truth, wisdom and knowledge of God.
- As He takes up residence in each believer, His presence confirms salvation.
- He convicts mankind of sin, righteousness, judgment, as well as, teaches and guides in godly living and glorifying Jesus Christ.
- He empowers believers to do the “Greater works” that Jesus said we would.
- Those who respond with trust in Jesus Christ are placed by the Spirit into a supernatural organism called the Body of Christ.
I Corinthians 6:19, 12:11-14, 20 John 16:7-13
Mankind was created by God in His image [attributes], but as a result of disobedience to God [sin], all people became separated from God [spiritual death] and began to physically deteriorate [leading to physical death].
- We believe each person is fully responsible for his/her own sin.
- Apart form God’s intervention [redemption-sacrifice of Jesus Christ], man is incapable of meeting God’s requirements for right living [righteousness].
- This redemption [salvation] and eternal life is a free gift to anyone who acknowledges their sins and trusts in the person of Jesus Christ and His payment for their sins.
Genesis 1:26, 27 Romans 5:12 Ephesians 2:1-3
- No work or merit can ever earn this gift from God who totally forgives such persons, accepts them as His beloved children and imparts a new nature which makes possible living an abundant life now and then passing through death without judgment to living eternally in Gods presence with a new body
Ephesians 2:8-9 Romans 8:38,39 1 Peter 1:3-5 Revelation 5:10, 20:6
Gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid for today as exercised within the scriptural guidelines.
- He has given us His Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit that we might serve Him and His Kingdom.
- Servants in this ministry must be yielded to the Holy Spirit, seek an increase in the anointing, be open to operate in any gift of the Spirit that is necessary, draw daily from the word and in prayer and continually give God the glory for what He has done.
- Fruit of the Spirit empowers the gifts.
- We believe we are called to be faithful members of His Church, regularly attending worship and submitted under the care and covering of pastors and elders.
Christ is the Head of the Church and each member functions in his or her knowledge and relationship to Him, contributing to the growth and maturity of other members by using their spiritual gifts and representing Jesus Christ to the world.